When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The primary purpose of this position is to be a primary contributor on the In-Building Venue Program Management Organization. As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for helping the team in its efforts to redefine the connected future of the In Building and Venue space for the organization. As we move forward with 5G deployment, you will be a critical component in reimagining the technology, but also the equipment and integration by driving national standards to help to deliver superior network quality that our customers have come to expect.
- Driving the initiatives and projects that the In-Building Venue team is responsible for to ensure they are on track, drive timelines, identify potential risks and mitigate impact to the schedules and stakeholders by working with all of the Verizon Wireless Network organizations.
- Understanding and helping communicate clear direction concerning process, standards and roles/responsibilities when required for Network.
- Working with management to communicate status, issues, accomplishments, and priorities of the program routinely on the projects.
- Driving end-to-end implementation of new IBV network initiatives.
- Managing deployment activities for the integration and commercial success of new products and services. This might include product backlogs, establishing milestone, timelines and establishing new product direction.
- Directing and overseeing projects/programs that require working with large teams and manage stakeholders.
- Ensuring the right internal and external resources are appropriately engaged in a timely manner.
- Escalating project issues and drive resolution.
- Taking ownership of issues and drives them to resolution.
This position can be located in other valid Verizon locations.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE and CDMA technologies.
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE, and RAN Networks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in leadership roles in technology management.
- Experience in driving aspects of national projects.
- Ability to help drive change for the organization.
- Good problem solving and project planning skills.
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Knowledge of 5G, LTE, CDMA and EVDO networks and their performance ability to demonstrate innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of major DAS systems such as Commscope, Corning, Teko/JMA, SpiderCloud, and Nokia MBI and Wi-Fi offload.
- Knowledge of LTE and 5G network implementation knowledge (antenna, testing, throughput testing, shakedowns, system tuning, and problem resolution).
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.