Junior Security Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services. Verizon’s Corporate Information Security team protects Verizon’s global operations, assets, stakeholders, and intellectual property from cyber security threats by proactively leveraging threat intelligence, advanced security processes, and technologies to reduce the number of incidents that affect Verizon and maintaining constant vigilance, monitoring, and response to rapidly minimize the impact of incidents that do occur.
Verizon’s Corporate Information Security Cyber Defense and Engineering teams that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
- Gaining a deeper understanding of Security Operations and Cyber Defense practice for a major telecommunications company.
- Working under the supervision of cyber professionals to gain hands on experience in one or more of the following operational areas: Enterprise Vulnerability Management, Strategic Planning and Execution, Threat Monitoring, Incident Response, Continuous Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, Cyber Defense Engineering.
- Performing applied research and solution design under the supervision of cyber security professionals to solve real world security issues.
- Supporting efforts and programs to improve the company’s security posture.
- Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions.
- Communicating technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity or other related discipline.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in cybersecurity or internship.
- Ability to operate independently in a remote environment.
- Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and principles related to people, processes, and technology.
- Security+ or CEH certification.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California work location, the compensation range for this position is between $69,000 and $129,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.