Junior Security Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
Verizon’s Enterprise Cyber Services team, works with corporate information security teams and customers to ensure the cyber services and accesses they need are provided in a timely manner that aligns with corporate policies and standards. This position will also be responsible for supporting the managed service provider, and championing the increased use of robotic process automation.
- Gaining a deeper understanding for the enterprise cyber services for a major telecommunications company.
- Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions.
- Communicating technical information to various technical and non-technical audiences.
- Participating in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity or other related discipline.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in cybersecurity or internship.
- Strong analytical skills, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and principles related to people, processes, and technology.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Good organizational and technical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
- Good exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Experience in some of the following technologies and disciplines: Emerging Technology, Cloud systems such as AWS and/or GCP, Big Data, Machine Learning, Splunk and logging technology, Virtualization.
- Experience in programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Python, HTML, Net, R.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.