Optum Insight's purpose is to connect the health care system with trusted services, analytics and platforms that make clinical and administrative processes valuable, easy and efficient for everyone.
How We Make Healthier Happen?
Optum Insight provides analytics, research, consulting, technology and managed services solutions to hospitals, physicians, health plans, government agencies, life science companies and other industry partners. In addition to our many commercial clients, Optum Insight capabilities and technologies are leveraged by Optum Health, Optum Rx and our sister company UnitedHealthcare.
• Design and implement scalable data processes focused on fulfilling product requirements.
• Large complex components; influencing overall product architecture and patterns.
• Autonomously Implementing component design in line with pre-defined modern team architectural patterns.
• Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions.
• Develop, construct, test, document and maintain data pipelines.
• Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
• Design and develop resilient, reliable, scalable and self-healing solutions to meet and exceed customer requirements.
• Ensure that all parts of the application eco-system are thoroughly and effectively covered withtelemetry.
• Focus on automation, quality and streamlining new and existing data processing.
• Create data monitoring capabilities for each business process and work with data consumers on updates to data processes.
• Develop data pipelines using Python and Spark.
• Help maintain the integrity and security of the company data.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of of experience working in a big data processing data; includes file systems, data structures/databases, automation, security, messaging, movement, etc.
• Experience with Python and Spark in developing data processing pipelines.
• 3+ years of experience with Spark.
• 3+ years of IT experience in Software Engineering.
• 2+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects.
• 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies.
• 1+ years of cloud experience, preferably Azure.
• Highly proficient with SQL and data analysis.
• Big data processing data in healthcare ecosystem.
• Experience with Databricks or other big data platforms.
• Cloud development and computing.
• Cutting edge technology (AI, ML, Blockchain, Wearables, IOT).
• Continuous integration experience/DevOps skills, (Typescript, Jenkins, Git, NodeJS).
• Microservice design, Java Spring, Kafka, RabbitMQ.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.