Mechanical Design Engineer - Onsite - Mesa, AZ
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- The Engineer, Optum Rx Home Delivery, will be supporting the many aspects of the automated/semi-automated mail-order pharmacy fulfillment operations, and projects, with emphasis in mechanical /mechatronics focused projects such as: Production equipment research, development, enhancement, and optimization
- This includes mechanical designs, drawing creations, documentation creation, automation and motion controls implementation, prototyping and testing, pharmacy automation technologies research/feasibility assessment, and integration of production equipment and processes. We are seeking candidates who have a understanding of interfacing systems such as network, communication protocols, programing
- The person in this role will provide technical and execution of development, and testing activities. This includes working with automated equipment and automation components such as: PCs, Programable Logic Controllers, Input/output automation devices, pneumatics components, conveyors, and robotics
This position will be located onsite at the Phoenix/Mesa, AZ facilities and require national travel
- Work closely with vendors and cross-functional teams to effectively define, develop, refine/enhance production equipment and processes. This includes integrating various production equipment and process to existing
- Effectively interact/interface with vendors, contractors, and internal team members/management to manage work plans, and deliverables to achieve engineering objectives
- Research, test, validate, implement new technologies
- Create technical specifications and fabrication drawings, create various reports and pertinent documentation for new and existing production equipment and processes
- Work hands-on, and possess problem solving skills in a highly automated environment to troubleshoot, improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Design and fabricate prototype and production parts/components for functional testing/concept validation/prove-outs/enhancements and implementation utilizing tools such as: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, 3D Printing/Rapid prototyping
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in industrial design using Solidworks
- 3+ years of experience in industrial design using AutoCAD
- Experience working under pressure and working with a team in developing improved work processes
- Experience with all phases of the design process, including design strategy, concept development and manufacturing execution
- Fully proficient project designer that creates mechanical designs for assemblies, subassemblies, or systems configuration using Solidworks
- Ability to drive the design development process and complete the design independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with control logic such as Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Software PLC, HMI, RSLogic500/5000, and Studio 5000
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.