Deputy Chief Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Deputy Chief Engineer will assist the Chief Engineer with the architectural design, performance, and integration for a large Avaya Unified Communications/Call Center Environment. The Deputy Chief Engineer will serve as Verizon’s technical point-of-contact for the program in the absence of the Chief Engineer. The Deputy Chief Engineer will assist with overseeing and validating all systems testing prior to installation into production, ensuring that the systems meet all technical requirements, and proactively monitoring the overall performance of the systems for capacity planning purposes.
- Providing input into the strategic vision and tactical direction for the UC/CC program and operations teams.
- Working with third-party vendors to develop roadmaps for evaluation of system enhancements and new releases.
- Designing and/or validating all major and minor changes to both a lab and production environment.
- Working closely with the NGTP Operations Manager and Systems Manager to maintain and support complex HA consolidated UC environment for CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Understanding and assisting with the overall design and performance of the UC solution as well as the underlying network elements and dependencies.
- Creating and maintaining a solution document to the interface layer.
Where you’ll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.This role may be located in any valid US VBG location.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience implementing Avaya UC and CC products.
- Technical experience working with networks, managed services, CPE, applications hosted/DCS services, security, IT services, contact center and/or unified communications.
- Active government issued security clearance at a Public Trust level, or eligibility to obtain and maintain this clearance.
- Willingness to travel (infrequent)
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- The ability to lead a team.
- Five or more years in Contact Center and Unified Communications.
- Experience with service assurance (incident management), service delivery and contract management.
- Experience working with global service desk and incident management functions.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, up to 8 company paid holidays per year and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $114,000 and $212,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.