Data Warehouse Engineer - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join us as a Data Warehouse Engineer where your in-depth technical skills in data and data structures and building sustainable and modernized data pipelines and data asset solutions, will be instrumental in delivering on key analytical and reporting initiatives that impact our member’s health and wellbeing at both the market and national levels.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, enhance, and integrate data warehouse and analytical data infrastructure solutions
- Gather, analyze, and interpret business requirements
- Design, build and test processes to ensure a high level of data quality and optimal system performance for large volumes of data
- Analyze new data sources for medical claims, member, clinical, call system, and financial data for integration into existing data models
- Lead initiatives to architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and ETL/ELT (extract, transform and load) solutions and maintain existing jobs using technologies such as Oracle PL/SQL, Unix, Python, and cloud technologies
- Develop, enhance and assist team in transitioning to solutions which leverage modernized technology such as Snowflake, Azure, ADF, Databricks, Kafka streaming
- Create complex data extracts from the Data Warehouse
- Develop technical specifications and design documents
- Guide, train, instruct and assist team members with technical issues and designs
- Understand the business and how various data elements and subject areas are utilized
- Assist as needed to monitor data warehouse daily or weekly ETL batch processing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience in Data warehouse development and design
- 2+ years of SQL and/or PL/SQL experience
- Healthcare data experience (experience with claims, clinical or call systems)
- Experience with mid - high volume ETL/ELT
- Experience with formal System Development Lifecycle and Data Quality processes
- Solid Data Analysis experience
- Experience with data movement processes and tools, ETL/ELT
- Experience with Snowflake or Azure cloud data warehouse technologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Proven detail oriented
- Proven team oriented, Communicative, Proactive
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.