Engineer Consultant - Application Support
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for working on all BRM environments with all accounting, distributions and supply chain management modules that are integrated with many other Tracfone eco-systems.
- Managing Revenue side of billing concepts such as Subscriptions Management and Account balances management.
- Managing Telecom Business support systems architecture and practices.
- Dev / Ops model where work tasks will traverse across the entire application lifecycle, from development and test to deployment to operations, and develop a range of skills not limited to a single function.
- Agile, documenting and maintaining feature requirements as stories and epics in a cross functional highly collaborative environment.
- Building and maintaining environments as code (AMI lifecycle policy / terraform).
Where you'll be working...
This Hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical Experience: in Java, Oracle BRM (opt code development),C / C++, SQL, Perl, Unix / Lunix, AWS EC2, S3, Elastic search, security groups,
- Knowledge in Application / Network load balancers, containers / scaling concepts.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to use and maintain BRM configuration files.
- Experience in Oracle BRM and Telecom BSS architecture.
- Experience integrating BRM with an Order management system (OSM, OMS).
- Knowledge in cloud-based solutions such as PEGA, Snowflake, OFS.
- Knowledge of Micro-Service, REST API, SOA, OSB, ISG.
- Experience with Unix Shell scripting, AWS SSO.
- Experience monitoring Connection Manager Activity.
- Experience monitoring Data Manager Activity.
- Experience in controlling batch operations.
- Experience integrating with Payment aggregators such as CyberSource or Paymentech.
- Experience leveraging and integrating taxation engines such as Avalara and Vertex.
- Experience developing services on the REST and SOAP framework.
- Experience with large scale data migrations (account structures, subscriptions, service catalogue, customer profiles, billing profiles) from other systems into BRM.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery principles leveraging technologies such as Jenkins and bitbucket
- Knowledge of pre and post rating discount implementation
- Knowledge of relation database and SQL writing (managed RDBMS such as AWS RDS as plus).
- Knowledge of Billing / pricing catalogue management and configuration, leveraging PDC.
- Knowledge of Configuration management tool for data migration into BRM.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.