When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of the Network Implementation PMO, you will be responsible for driving the deployment of Verizon’s 5G Standalone Network. This is a complete evolution of the Network our 5G customers will be supported on. You will be driving and tracking all aspects of the program working to align everything from the VCP Core platform and applications, VCP Edge platform and applications, Radio Access Network (RAN) and Device (Mobile and FWA) space to achieve this goal. Your role will be pivotal to coordinate activities across these functional areas. This is a critical corporate objective to continue to help Verizon to stand apart from 5G competitors.
- Coordinating a wide variety of project teams focused on different aspects of the network deployment and keeping them on task to meet deadlines.
- Influencing stakeholders to align on program objectives and goals and not just functional area responsibilities.
- Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones and keep them on track.
- Conducting risk analysis on program areas to assess program health and progress towards goals and objectives.
- Developing and implementing corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
- Creating weekly program content and giving presentations that helps to drive decision making for our Director and VP teams.
This position can be located in other Verizon locations.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy the challenge of working with cross-functional teams to drive solutions to complex issues. You like consulting, guiding, and collaborating with multiple teams to align and deliver a wide variety of technologies in a complex technical environment. You have a sense of urgency and deliver on-time results. You’re an organized, detail oriented and highly effective communicator who thrives in a fast-paced changing environment. You are able to effectively negotiate at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company. Teams look to you for guidance and leadership. You are the glue that holds programs and project teams together.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Technical project management.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of program management; experience with leading large programs.
- A PMI or Project management certification.
- Experience in Google product suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Microsoft Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Timeline).
- Experience in using JIRA and Confluence for project tracking.
- Strong verbal and written skills and ability to communicate up, down and across multiple organizations.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $124,000 and $230,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.