Lead Structural Engineer (PLS-CADD)
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
Our Overhead Transmission business seeks a Lead Structural Engineer with PLS-CADD experience to join and lead its team in Irving (Dallas), TX (remote candidates are welcome to apply). Come join us in delivering projects that make a difference.
The successful candidate will serve as a Lead Engineer on electric transmission design projects for high-voltage (HV) and extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead utility systems. He/she will apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will assist the team as well as independently perform: engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, plans and specifications; as well as prepare material procurement and construction documents, and work with project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management.
We will consider qualified candidates to work fully remote (must reside in the U.S. only). The position offers the successful candidate to develop an engineering team with direct report responsibilities. The candidate will also be responsible for managing client relations, proposal development, scope creation, and project management.
Desired Qualifications - You will be successful if you have the following experience, skills, and abilities:
• PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Microsoft Office, SharePoint
Other Program Experience:
• Bentley MicroStation
• Bentley ProjectWise
• ESRI ArcGIS
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
• Professional Engineering Registration (NCEES Record preferred)
Desired Skills & Attributes:
• Capability to review engineering calculations including PLS-CADD models
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Ability to develop staff through mentoring
• Knowledge of NESC code requirements, construction cost estimating, specification, material procurement process, project schedule creation, and construction work packages
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2023, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the sixth consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.