Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Telecommunications Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Will have at least one direct report and will have supervisor responsibilities
- Perform planning and engineering in support of telecommunication systems and telecommunication projects
- Design telecommunication systems for transmission line and substation projects/facilities
- Design, modify or upgrade networks using Ethernet, fiber optic, copper, microwave, radio, leased service, or cellular utilizing client standards or developing new standards
- Conducting communication network studies for wide, metro and local area networks
- Establish project schedules and budgets
- Develop drawings and specifications for utility telecommunication system projects
- Create bills of materials for telecommunication equipment; obtain quotes and order materials
- Coordinate with other internal engineering departments, external contractors and utility construction crews
- Travel to project sites to collect information on existing conditions
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, civil, Computer Engineering or related degree with four (4) years or less of relevant experience working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and other applicable industry standards
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Capability to learn a variety of client software packages and databases as required
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must possess the physical ability to support field work in, at times, rough terrain in order to access more remote project locations
It would be nice if you had:
- Fundamentals of Engineering certification
- Master’s degree in related field
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.