Principle Engineer - Technology Projects Management
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
You'll be in a key role in driving value-add digital finance projects, data analytics, and process improvement initiatives. Utilizing your strong accounting and systems knowledge base, you will apply it to a wide variety of scenarios. You will also have the opportunity to provide guidance and leadership to others. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day. In this role, you will drive the strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support our Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) activity for our Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions. You will use your understanding of how processes intertwine in these functions to identify and tackle issues focusing on continuous improvement and system integration. You will work cross-functionally with stakeholders throughout the business to understand their requirements and pain points with legacy processes to enable the design of new processes and improvements to system functionality and operational processes. Stakeholder interactions outside of accounting will focus on Network Engineering, Real Estate, Information Technology, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Accounts Payable and Tax functions.
- Providing support for assigned data management key fields to the Accounting organization as well as all Verizon teams utilizing these values.
- Analyzing current data management processes to identify re-engineering opportunities.
- Encouraging positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Communicating complex business status updates to all partners.
- Ensuring all requirements are identified and properly documented to ensure a complete project scope.
- Monitoring project progress and adjusting the plan as needed to ensure timely delivery.
- Crafting detailed project plans and identifying resources.
- Completing gap analyses and identifying solutions to close gaps.
- Involving appropriate accounting teams when needed to ensure a smooth transition once implementation is complete.
- Developing testing plans and scripts for all assigned functional testing needs.
- Identifying impacted functional teams and ensuring their needs align with the design.
- Working with OCM teams to ensure all stakeholders are properly trained prior to any cutover.
- Challenging and empowering other team members to own assigned deliverables.
- Partnering and openly sharing information with other team members (1ERP, FTMO, PMO, IT, Deloitte, SAP, Business, Accounting, etc).
- Identifying and pursuing process improvements. Activities include, but are not limited to standardization, consolidation, and simplification.
- Taking the initiative to challenge processes that seem inefficient or low value-add. Work with other teams impacted by the process to obtain a thorough understanding of its purpose and impacts. Make recommendations for improvements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Experience in managing large-scale complex projects.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, IT or Project Management.
- Knowledge of financial systems, accounting systems, and principles.
- Experience in Financial ERP's.
- Project management skills (for large visible technical implementations).
- Certification in PMP, Six Sigma or Prince2.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.