Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
- Leverage data platforms, APIs, and third-party integrations to ingest and deliver high-quality data sets for use in tactical data analytics pilots.
- Contribute to the design, development, and support of data platforms and integrations to enable data ingestion, integration, transformation, and virtualization solutions.
- Build ETL pipelines, APIs, and data meshes to make datasets available internally for analytics teams.
- Ready to do maintenance, troubleshooting, refactoring, unit-testing, integration testing, code packaging, dockerization, and documentation of large-scale projects.
- Work with interfacing parties for continuous improvement of APIs and drive for complexity reduction and simpler interfaces.
- Work with business and data experts to understand a diverse set of data types, data ingestion and loading patterns, data transformation & transport options.
- Implement solutions with adherence to data models, data governance and/or data use policies
- Create and maintain documentation of the data integration solutions.
- Help scale solutions into production if/when ready by partnering with operational engineering teams.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and/or supporting technical capabilities including information systems, digital solutions, information management, data pipelines, and reporting and analytics platforms
- Experience in the development of scalable and high performing data models, databases, and data flow architectures for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in on-premises or cloud RDBMS, Non-SQL DBs, and cloud storage services like Amazon S3
- Experience with ingestion frameworks such as Apache Spark/Kafka and platforms such as AWS Glue, Step Functions, Lambda, and EMR.
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing data ingestion, integration, virtualization, and transformation platforms
- Exposure in source control and deploying in AWS infrastructure and CloudFormation
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.