Lead Substation Physical Engineer
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Lead substation physical engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Atlanta, GA organization. As a core team member, you will be interacting with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, civil or related degree with four (4+) plus years of Substation physical design experience.
- Leadership experience in executing substation projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with the internal team and clients to meet project needs.
- Ability to lead bids and proposal effort for utility clients
- Ability to perform quality control checks on substation design projects.
- Act as a supervisor for one to six direct reports
- Ability to read and design substation physical drawings such as one line drawings, three line drawings, plan-section drawings, foundation, grounding drawings.
- Ability to read and design substation protection and control drawings such as one-line drawings, three line drawings, AC/DC schematic drawings and wiring design
- Ability to create and check bill of materials for substation physical
- Act as a key contributor to the develop substation physical application documents to define design scope, philosophies, methodologies, and criteria for medium and high-voltage substation projects.
- Experience with grounding studies/lightning protection and lighting studies.
- Ability to attend site visit at customer location
It would be nice if you had:
- Five (5+) plus years of Substation physical design experience
- P.E License
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience with QA/QC
- Working knowledge of protection and control design
- Experience with bus calculation
- Experience with WinIGS or CDEGS
In this role, you can expect to grow:
- With opportunities for both technical and non-technical training
- By working with different types of projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
- By participating in our mentorship program
- By gaining knowledge in electrical power calculations and NESC
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.