Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Duties and responsibilities will include performing a wide variety of technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing x-ray and CT based security systems at customer sites.
Typically handles complex products and/or problems, and may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current clients.
Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and provides support by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training.
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions.
- Graduate of technical school with minimum Bachelor of Engineering in Computer, Electrical, or Communications / or military training in electronics engineering technology.
- Significant experience in field service environment, ideally in a directly applicable industry
- Specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technologies, and company’s products and equipment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required, Unix and Linux a plus.
Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred.
Team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required. May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.