Firewall Cyber Engineer
Leidos has an immediate need for a Firewall Cyber Engineer to support the Advanced Enterprise Global Information Technology (IT) Solutions (AEGIS) contract. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This position will provide operation support for the Management for agency firewalls across the NASA corporate enterprise network.
- Support consists of implementing user requested changes, troubleshooting and resolution of user reported problems/incidents, and working with System Administrators, Developers, and Engineers further enhance NASA’s network stability and protections
- Develop scripts and procedures to streamline day-to-day operations tasks
- Lead and/or participate in tasks as part of major deployments and upgrades of the Firewall systems to include but not limited to: Hardware replacement, Software upgrades, and Vulnerability mitigations.
- Analyze, plan, modify, and maintain network firewalls.
- Conduct internal studies of network firewalls performance and traffic analysis
- Evaluate new technologies, and conducts testing of network and firewall systems
- Ability to use and apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques (such as firewall rules management and implementation, route tracing, sniffer).
- Able to receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet outlined objectives
- Clear understanding of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- 6 Years of Experience Bachelor Degree
- Strong understanding of network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- Cisco FW experience
- Fortigate Firewalls
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.