AWS SysOps Engineer
AWS SysOps Engineer
Programme Name: LCST
Location: Remote, with attendance at Leidos UK Bristol or Customer sites as required
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!
we are in search of an AWS SysOps Engineer to join the team.
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains cloud infrastructure using a tailored SAFe Agile SecDevOps Scrum process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using AWS Services and Infrastructure as Code.
You will also be expected to perform automated testing and unit testing, while performing automated deployments of software modules using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement monitoring, logging, and remediation by using AWS services to collect and analyse logs and metrics, create alarms and dashboards, configure notifications, and troubleshoot or take corrective actions based on notifications, alarms, and AWS Config rules.
- Knowledge of AWS SDKs and APIs
- Ability to Implement scalable, resilient AWS architectures with automated backups/restores, effective load balancing, fault-tolerant workloads, efficient caching, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Scripting Knowledge (Bash/Powershell/Python)
- Experience in Provision, maintain, and automate cloud resources across multiple regions/accounts with effective use of AMIs, CloudFormation/Terraform, deployment strategies, automated patch management, and scheduling of automated tasks.
- Implement and troubleshoot networking features and connectivity, configure domains, DNS services, content delivery, maintain private connectivity, network protection and troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Implement cost and performance optimization strategies through effective resource tagging, identifying underutilized resources, setting budgets and billing alarms, optimizing compute resources, enhancing EBS, S3, RDS, EC2 performance etc.
What does Leidos need from me:
- Strong software engineering experience
- Considerable experience in translating user stories into engineering deliverables and associated documentation.
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Considerable experience of with automated build/test/deploy
- Considerable experience of AWS, SME (Wintel / Unix / Virtualised Networking / Monitoring / Security)
- Experience of SAFe
- Collaborator, self-starter
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Align with existing Leidos delivery standards and identify/craft/suggest improvements thereon
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of AWS services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon VPC, Amazon Route 53 etc
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Certification
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
- Must be a UK Citizen and based in UK for the duration
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
Leidos UK! Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.