Architectural Civil Engineer
Are you looking for better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, its a way of life. If this sounds good to you, we invite to explore job opportunities with Leidos.
Leidos’ NISC IV Program (National Airspace System Integration Support Contract) is one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Architectural Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) evaluating the building enclosure of many existing air traffic control facilities, reviewing new designs and recommending changes to improve the performance of building exteriors. You must have specialized experience in this area.
This job is based in the eastern part of the United States, with up to 50% travel.
Architectural Civil Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Plan and design a variety of facility establishment, replacement and modernization projects with emphasis on the building enclosure
- Conduct and analyze studies of existing facilities
- Perform on-site surveys to develop designs and detailed reports
- Investigate and develop solutions that involve multiple engineering disciplines
- Analyze project requirements, site conditions and user expectations and provide concise engineering recommendations
- Utilize relevant software tools to assist in analysis and design
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed work in existing or new facilities with specifications and dimensions
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines working directly with stakeholders and contractors
- Confer with multi-disciplinary engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation
- Prepare construction drawings, site-specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates
- Review contractor design and construction submittals
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including environmental and occupational safety and health plans, sequence of work, cutover plans, and operational risk management plans)
- Participate in on-site coordination meetings, inspections, cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities
Architectural Civil Engineer Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering from a four-year accredited college
- Eight years of relevant experience in commercial, industrial or government facility establishment, replacement and modernization design engineering including leading design teams on large scale projects OR a Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Specialized knowledge and experience with building enclosures
- Current and relevant knowledge of building and other codes
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively in written and verbal form and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, engineering scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the internet as an information gathering and communicating tool
- Proficiency in engineering analysis and design software tools like AutoCAD
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges through science and technology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.