Sr. SW Engineer -- Security Clearance REQUIRED
Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the Visualizing Enterprise Geospatial Analytics (VEGA) Business Intelligence tool on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) Program. As a leader you will architect, design, build, and enhance a highly available and scalable web application used by customers worldwide. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customer in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team.
- Help build, manage, and mentor multi-disciplined teams executing Agile processes using best-of-breed tools.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and promote collaboration across teams and projects.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve our software deliverables.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on expertise with software frameworks including Django and React.
- Hands-on expertise with database software including Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Strong proficiency with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, REST, JSON, and Tomcat.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web application technologies and deployment environments, including Docker, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering complex software systems into production.
- Strong understanding of modern software design patterns and coding standards.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined technical project teams and setting the technical direction.
- Working knowledge of Agile development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Hands-on experience with Agile management tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, Confluence.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience with positively leading teams to delivery along with hands on support with development.
This position has a target range for compensation of $130,000 - $140,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.