Optical Proximity Correction Engineer (OPC)
As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking qualified and motivated candidates for a position in IBM research as an OPC (Optical Proximity Correction) Engineer within the semiconductor technology enablement organization. We seek candidates to be part of a dynamic and skilled IBM Research team developing computational lithography solutions for the world's most advanced semiconductor technologies. This role will have broad coverage across the computational lithography landscape from optical to EUV and candidates should possess the skills to develop solutions across many technology nodes.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Collaborating with Patterning, Integration, Device and other organizations in DTCO (Design Technology Co-Optimization) forum to help develop RET (resolution enhancement technique) solutions for technology development
• Develop testmask solutions for early RET / Model / KW (keyword) development
• Develop OPC model and KW solutions for different layer/technology types across multiple OPC vendors
• Frequently engage with vendors and understand industry trends to stay at the leading edge of computational lithography development
• Interact with infrastructure teams to help improve runtime and optimize OPC solutions for high quality and fast turn around
• Develop automated solutions across RET/Model/KW/Testsite to drive quality improvements and more efficient solutions
You must be willing to work in Albany, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience working in Linux environments – 1yr
- Experience with software development principles and application – 1yr
- Experience with task automation and scripting (makefile, Python, Bash, tcl) – 1yr
- Working knowledge of Computational Lithography, Lithography Systems and Optics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Semiconductor design, electronic design automations systems or similar environments – 1yr
- Experience working in Computational lithography, OPC or similar role – 1yr
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM