Jr Electronics Engineer
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Electronics Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area - Engineering Services Group. Work locations include College Park, GA, Fort Worth, TX or Des Moines, WA.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) Program. FENS is the successor to the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) contract, which was implemented in 2002 to provide over 30,000 communications services to more than 4,500 facilities within the National Airspace System. The program aims to design, build, operate and maintain the FAA's next-generation communications platform and to build a dynamic, highly available and secure enterprise network to support all the agency's mission-critical applications across the NAS.
Job Duties Include:
- Evaluate existing site surveys to develop scope of work for site preparation requirements
- Conduct site surveys at remote sites for FENS site preparation requirements
- Draft site preparation scope of work for facilities based on site survey reports and facility data
- Identify FENS contract CLINs required to complete site preparation
- Develop cost estimates for site preparation
- Review contractor site prep proposals for accuracy and compliance with scope of work
- Generate ORM PRP’s for site preparation and installation of FENS equipment
- Work with SSC/TSC/AT to implement risk mitigations for FENS implementation
- Coordinate and scheduled site preparation activities with SSC/TSC/AT/FENS personnel
- Oversee site prep and installation work performed by FENS contractor
- Generate periodic status reports
- Update Corporate Work Plan (CWP) data
- Update facility drawings (red lines) for drafting
- Electronics Engineering Degree (B.S.) with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to travel 25%-50%.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability. (To be eligible for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Proficient working with AutoCAD or similar tools.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System Equipment Tower
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR, RCAG.
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB).
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.