Equipment Service Engineer
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates with the Opporutnity of Relocation Assistance!
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Automation Equipment Service Engineer coordinates with the AES Teams and other Engineers in supporting and optimizing mail order pharmacy throughput and minimizing downtime through the scheduling and completion of routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and process improvement strategies.
- This is a hands-on repair position that requires solid debugging and troubleshooting skills within Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and PLCs
- Install, setup, troubleshoot, and maintain various mail order pharmacy equipment and prototyping/testing new improvement projects
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/replace faulty electrical components such as: Motors, relays, switches, servos, VFD, and other sensing devices
- Effectively maintain programming, troubleshoot, determine root causes of failure and perform corrective actions
- Responsible to maintain and repair all the automation dispensing equipment to operate at optimum throughput and minimum downtime
- Create SOP and training documents for all automation dispensing equipment
- Provide support to the Automation team in finding solutions to complex problems
- Work with vendors, production team, and site engineers to focus to maximize system overall effectiveness (OEE) measure and improvement/enhancement projects to minimal impact production goals
- Debug PLCs, networking, power system, I/O devices etc., Develop and improve Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) / Distributed Control System (DCS) programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and system reliability
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair or automation equipment
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment
- Work with Engineering and production Leadership in prioritizing maintenance activities and improvement/enhancement projects to minimal impact production goals
- Report to upper management on equipment condition and status per down call protocol
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 5+ years of experience working in automation, electrical and mechanical
- Experience with control logic such as Allen-Bradley/Rockwell Software PLC, HMI, RSLogic500/5000, and Studio 5000
- Experience with 3-phase 480 volts industrial electrical systems, electrical wiring, electrical conduit and motor control circuits
- Advanced knowledge in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/mechanical/pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance/repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance program, polices/procedures
- 4 years degree in Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical
- 7+ years with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, Pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programming, Vision systems)
- 5+ years of experience working in high volume, multiple -shifts, Repacking/Manufacturing Environment
- 3+ years of experience with CMMS
- 2+ years of experience with maintenance troubleshooting using PLC tool and data sets
- Experience in the following processes: Descrambling, Labeling, Pill Filling, Capping, Weighting, Sorting, and Packaging
- eMaint CMMS
- Beckhoff PLC experience
- Ability in problem solving technology in a highly automated equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to handle multitasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Team player, a positive attitude and be proactive
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.