Outside Plant Engineer
- Designing upgrades, repairs, and enhancements to the Outside Plant telephony network which includes all structures (such as poles and conduit systems), cable (copper and fiber) and associated equipment for aerial, underground, buried, and customer premise equipment for multi-tenant buildings.
- Leading large-scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engaging appropriate internal and external organizations and individuals with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinating project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposing solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizing vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability-within financial constraints.
- Preparing detailed cost analysis, project specifications, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processing reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receiving general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasking to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
What we're looking for...
You know a lot about outside plant engineering practices. You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great teammate and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure the best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you balance multiple assignments and opposing priorities while staying passionate about important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- A valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical/science/mathematics fields.
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with 3GIS and/or Google Earth.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.