- Leverage business, system and operational process knowledge to drive automated reporting solutions and accurate metric performance management requirements.
- Leverage knowledge of all wireless, wireline Legacy and Current Platform systems related to sales performance, quota, funnel, pipeline and other Sales Operations-related data domains.
- Engage in detailed requirements discussions and technical requirements definitions and approach.
- Work with data management analysts, business units and IT partners to discover, coordinate and define accurate universe and cross functional relationships.
- Work on projects ranging in complexity from executive level ad hoc analysis to integration of new data into a complex reporting system.
- Support strategic projects associated with business and system transformations.
- Work directly with various Verizon business units (GE/BM/PS/Wholesale) for aligned metric definition, labeling and reporting.
- Evaluation of various factors including impact to executive and operational performance metrics and strategic reporting architecture strategy.
- Govern business rules and data alignment for supported business areas.
- Ensure protocol exists that will capture, audit and alert for deviations and support for quick and timely resolution.
- Coordinate technical reporting and business rule releases.
- Document all database, business rule and metric changes to users, executives/management and power users.
- Ensure metric naming conventions align with business partners and other executive reporting teams to confirm alignment and understanding.
- Evaluate IT release activity to understand impacts to reporting for any required business rule modifications.
- Identify areas for improvement, incorporate best-in-class and cutting-edge techniques, and design new approaches and methodologies.
What we're looking for...
You are good with data and data management, you love to structure data and build processes to automate and validate dataset creation. Writing SQL queries and building data workflows is a fun afternoon for you. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You understand the importance of accuracy in data analytics and reporting. You are a self-starter and a multi-tasker who can work independently under tight timelines. You want to make an impact by providing the data that will help improve the experience of our customers.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries using Teradata.
- Experience with data modeling with tools such as ERwin.
- Experience in ETL tools, primarily SSIS, secondarily Informatica, Talend.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree.
- Six or more years of experience in testing concepts and how testing fits into the project life cycle.
- Experience using SQL Server, Oracle or other OLAP Experience.
- Cross functional experience across the sales pipeline process from the marketing and funnel phase through quoting/ordering and post order completion.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.