Engineer III - Development Operations
- Understanding customer business challenges.
- Understanding of SOA and messaging systems (e.g., JMS, weblogic, solace).
- Utilizing agile software development processes and experience in testing and providing quality assessment on software.
- Hosting and managing software in a commercial or government cloud environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, google).
- Identifying, owning, and driving resolutions to gaps in the deal lifecycle delivery processes.
- Leading and guiding internal and external teams with creating and delivering complex, integrated solutions to meet our customer requirements
What we're looking for...
You are an effective and inspiring leader, able to engage and motivate cross functional teams to deliver outstanding performance. You have the business insight and executive presence to establish credibility with executive leaders (e.g., internally, customer, and partners), and guide the growth of a team to deliver on expectations, milestones, and deliverables. As a business and technical leader you are able to explain how Verizon solutions can help solve everyday business problems in an effective manner. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and can balance contending demands and priorities.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or with four or more years of work experience related to OSS or BSS.
- Four or more years of relevant experience in designing, building, testing, maintaining, enhancing SOA architectures.
- Experience in building technology roadmaps and transitioning in new technologies.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams with understanding of how business and technical requirements interweave to create product solutions.
- Experience in delivering an integrated technical solutions and contract performance (delivering on Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators).
- Ability to manage and balance business and technical requirements.
- Ability to obtain a Government security clearance of Public Trust.
- Experience in communicating (written and spoken) highly technical, multi-faceted (e.g., network, security, data, application) solutions to customers in a simple, understandable manner.
- Experience managing large-scale software programs with end-to-end accountability.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, organization and project management skills.
- Understanding of Human Interface Engineering
- Experience in two or more technical areas listed:
- Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN).
- Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
Even Better if you have:
- Master's Degree in a technical or business area.
- Five or more years of successful experience with strategic solutions and/or systems integration design and solutions selling experience (consultative solutions selling).
- Public Sector Domain Experience to include both Federal and Department of Defense contract and procurement experience.
- Experience in the Aviation industry,
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $83,000.00 and $153,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.