Data Operations Engineer
- Monitoring production workflow.
- Performing release management - code deployment.
- Resolving ticket problems using AYS and JIRA ticking system.
- Analyzing job failures and assisting with resolution.
- Providing Heartbeat monitoring and checks.
- Providing documentation for internal and external system audits.
- Planning and coordinating server upgrades.
- Installing and configuring software and tools.
- Setting up FTP/MFT/SFTP transfer activities.
- Monitoring prod servers and tracking disk usage, CPU usage, load, memory usage, traffic, etc.
- Providing on-call support.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong Linux/UNIX command level experience.
- Google Cloud Platform support.
- Experience using job workflow tools such as, Oozie, Cron and ESP.
- Experience using file transfer protocols, sftp, scp, MFT/CFI.
- Experience with programming languages, tools and technologies like Hive/Kafka/Spark/NiFi/Python.
- Experience using big data tools, HDFS, Hive, Spark, distcp.
- Experience in deployments for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources.
- Support data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight into the pipeline, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and customer activity.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
This role is eligible to be considered for the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.