Data Science Engineer
- Work independently on data science projects to solve problems and improve business outcomes
- Bring machine learning and predictive modeling to strategic planning
- Collaborate with data scientists, architects, analysts, and engineers from across the company to improve data processes, including supporting the design, building, documentation, and testing of new data pipelines and analytics
- Synthesize insights across datasets to drive new recommendations
- Translate quantitative trends and insights into strategic recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Craft compelling presentations and white papers to senior leadership at Verizon to articulate findings and support strategies
- Use data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Direct the gathering of data, assessing data validity and synthesizing data into large analytics datasets to support project goals
- Analyze structured and unstructured data using data mining/statistical/machine learning/deep learning tools, Data visualization, Digital/Web analytics tools and techniques and storytelling
What we're looking for...
You have strong analytical skills, and are eager to work in a collaborative environment with global teams to develop end to end analytical solutions and communicate insights and findings to leadership. You work independently and are always willing to learn new technologies. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to interact with various partners and multi-functional teams to implement data science driven business solutions.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience building models using statistical techniques and applying statistical ideas and methods designed to answer business problems
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in analytical projects in telecom domain and a basic understanding of wireless and wireline network fundamentals
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with process, data, and automation work
- Experience with visual science / dashboard design principles
- Working knowledge of Data Engineering techniques
- Experience with geospatial analytics and techniques
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, Verizon Message Bus (VMB)
- Google Cloud Certifications
- Experience with R, Alteryx or similar ETL/geospatial tools
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, Qlik or similar BI reporting tools
- Experience with Python, Spark, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to present complex or technical topics in an engaging way
- Problem solving, analytical, and research skills
- Experience presenting to and influencing functional leaders and partners
- Ability to work effectively independently and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $117,000.00 and $217,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.