Semiconductor Process & Integration Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM research is seeking for a process and integration engineer to work as a research scientist at its T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY. Position is to maintain, develop and improve integration flows required to enable exploratory MRAM materials and new device concepts. Work will involve creative design of experiments, development of new process modules, debug and troubleshooting of drifted processes and coming up with practical solutions for integration of MRAM and other innovative devices. This position requires many interactions with a diverse team such as test and design team, MRAM materials development team, tool operators and process engineers, foundries, etc. We are looking for creative hands-on experimentalist candidates with strong background in integration, especially familiar with back-end-of-line processes, with a proven track record of accomplishments and strong communication and collaboration skills. In addition, it is required for candidates to have general knowledge related to various processes and tools such as optical and e-beam lithography, metal and dielectric deposition, metrology, etch and patterning, annealing, metallization, as well as AFM, SEM & TEM characterization techniques. Moreover, candidates with a general knowledge about fundamentals and operation principles of magnetic devices are preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in materials science, electrical engineering or Physics
- At least 3 years of experience in process integration
- Knowledge about various processes and tools such as optical and e-beam lithography, metal and dielectric deposition, metrology, etch and patterning, annealing and metallization, SEM and AFM operation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ph.D. degree in materials science, electrical engineering or Physics
- At least one year experience in back-end-of-the-line process development and/or integration
- Track of publications in major conferences and/or journals
- General knowledge about fundamentals and operation principles of semiconductor logic, memory and magnetic devices
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM