- Planning and deploying GIMs, STAPs, VA, Data Classification, and other functionality of an enterprise deployment.
- Planning and deploying additional appliances,AWS EC, RDS, ETAPs, AWS Clusters and similar components in cloud and on-prem.
- Performing IBM Guardium Administration tasks including reviewing reports, alerts, topology.
- Addressing data issues with the reports, customer requirements, and interfaces to and from Guardium.
- Troubleshooting or addressing outliers and incidents and research with various teams on validity, evidence, logging, etc.
- Working with different teams where they can bridge teams from different backgrounds together to complete tasks or solve problems.
- Handling complex issues with Guardium components and following through until it is resolved.
- Writing queries and alerts in Guardium to validate data and errors that are captured.
- Writing and adjusting policies as needed to reduce traffic but retain privileged users and other key data logging.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with IBM Guardium in an administration and deployment capacity.
Even better if you have one of more of the following:
- BS in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Security certifications included but not limited to CISSP, Security+, etc.
- Guardium certifications.
- Extensive experience in several of the following areas: Database security and activity monitoring, Database administration, Oracle, SQL, Sybase, Informix, DB2, NoSQL products
- Cloud Experience with AWS, Oracle OCI, RDS, or others.
- Experience working in system administration.
- Experience in System Engineering Projects.
- Knowledge and experience working in UNIX, Linux, and Windows environments.
- Experience and understanding supporting mission critical and revenue generating environments involving change control procedures.
- Guardium industry experience is a plus.
- Understanding of networking and security concepts is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise architecture.
- Knowledgeable and experience with Big Data technology and environments is desirable
- Knowledgeable and experience with cloud environments.
- Experience with production deployments, Guardium product deployments are a bonus.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with database environments such as Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, UDB/DB2, Informix, MySQL, Teradata and/or Sybase is desirable.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.