Leidos is searching for an Electrical Engineer to support AFRL’s Dynamic Infrared Missile Evaluation (DIME) Laboratory located on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, OH. The successful candidate will utilize a strong engineering background designing, testing, modeling, simulating, and analyzing the next generation of infrared countermeasure techniques.
This position will support multiple simultaneous research efforts within the laboratory requiring skills including hands-on experimentation, digital modeling using graphical programming, modeling and simulation of aircraft/missile engagements, and computer application development involving interfacing with hardware systems and real-time processing. Addressing our customers’ challenging mission requirements necessitates research and development of new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems. The successful candidate will be required to quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements. Additionally, the engineer will be called upon to develop new and innovative solutions to challenging problems, helping our customers provide solutions for the warfighter. The successful candidate will work as part of an integrated team but should also be proficient at conducting independent research.
- Digital modeling and simulation of aircraft/missile hardware and engagements
- Software development for hardware interface and real-time applications
- Work well in a small team environment
- Work on Wright Patterson Air Force Base in a USAF provided laboratory
- Be familiar with Linux, Windows, MS Office tools like PowerPoint and Excel, and math software like MATLAB
- Brief project results at workshops / conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (electrical, computer, or similar) with 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must have the ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- MATLAB and C/C++ programming experience
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Image processing coursework or other experience
- MATLAB Simulink experience
- Application development SDK experience (e.g. Qt)
- Computer hardware API experience (e.g. serial cards, framegrabber cards)
- Experience with FPGA and/or DSP design or code development
- Experience in the EO/IR/RF domain
- Master’s degree or higher in electrical or computer engineering
- Current SECRET clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,950.00 - $97,525.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/14/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.