Quantum Data Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Location are Albany NY, Yorktown Heights NY, Poughkeepsie NY, San Jose CA, Austin TX, Cambridge MA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience as a data architect building large-scale data warehouse and data lake solutions
- At least 5 years experience as a data engineer building solutions
- Strong command of relational databases (Postgresql preferred), data modelling and database design
- Proven experience in managing data persistence tools, such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Document data models, architectural decisions and data dictionaries to enable collaboration, maintainability and usability of our analytics platforms and code.
- Strong command of Python and Python scripting; experience using Python for Data Pipelines
- Experience with Shell Scripting for task automation
- Experience with cloud-based data and object storage services (IBM Cloud preferred)
- Experience in architecture and implementation of data virtualization and schema management, especially using tools such as Presto and Iceberg
- Experience with data pipeline workflow automation tools like Airflow, dbt and Airbyte
- Strong communication skills to interact with technical and business teams to prepare data assets
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Some Experience in cloud monitoring for database instances
- Some Experience with cloud object storage and formats such as Parquet and Avro
- Ability to Design and implement a complete lifecycle for data operations (DataOps)
- Familiarity with designing and providing secure persistence and data access methods
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM