RIE Night Engineer
At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, Blockchain and Quantum Computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research labs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking engineers in the area of advanced patterning for semiconductors and related devices, including multiple packaging, patterning and EUV. The hired candidates will have significant expertise in the area of reactive ion etch or a similar field. Some of the job responsibilities include the development of advanced patterning sequences and analysis of patterning performance. The candidates must understand the fundamental principles of reactive ion etch and be able to be able to execute experiments, analyze data and propose next steps. The position requires interaction with cross-functional and multi-company working teams that include engineers engaged in unit process development, process integration, design/layout, materials and process development, and computational technology. The hired candidates must possess strong analytical and design-of-experiment knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
You must be willing to work in Albany, NY. Position requires BS/MS/PhD degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or a related field, with relevant industrial experience preferred.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress..
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 or more years of plasma etch experience
- Experience operating 300mm plasma etch equipment
- Ability to work with and communicate efficiently with a large team
- Experience using siview
- Strong data analysis skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing flow
- Basic knowledge semiconductor device physics
- Experience with structured problem solving methodologies
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM