Unleash Your Potential:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area - Engineering Services Group located in the eastern part of the US. The work locations can be in any of these four cities: College Park GA, Jamaica NY, Burlington MA or Nashua NH.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) Program. FENS is the successor to the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) contract, which was implemented in 2002 to provide over 30,000 communications services to more than 4,500 facilities within the National Airspace System. The program aims to design, build, operate, and maintain the FAA's next-generation communications platform and to build a dynamic, highly available and secure enterprise network to support all the agency's mission-critical applications across the NAS.
Job Duties Include:
- Evaluate existing site surveys to develop scope of work for site preparation requirements.
- Conduct site surveys at remote sites for FENS site preparation requirements.
- Draft site preparation scope of work for facilities based on site survey reports and facility data.
- Identify FENS contract CLINs required to complete site preparation.
- Develop cost estimates for site preparation.
- Review contractor site prep proposals for accuracy and compliance with scope of work
- Generate ORM PRP’s for site preparation and installation of FENS equipment.
- Work with SSC/TSC/AT to implement risk mitigations for FENS implementation.
- Coordinate and scheduled site preparation activities with SSC/TSC/AT/FENS personnel
- Oversee site prep and installation work performed by FENS contractor.
- Generate periodic status reports.
- Update Corporate Work Plan (CWP) data.
- Update facility drawings (red lines) for drafting
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent.
- Ability to travel 25%-50%.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability. (To be eligible for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Proficient working with AutoCAD or similar tools.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System Equipment Tower
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR, RCAG.
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB).
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Are you ready to make an impact?
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/20/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.