Data Center Engineer
- Investigating, crafting, planning, and implementing communications networks.
- Partnering with customer teams to develop solutions that support their requirements.
- Preparing rack elevation schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions.
- Crafting hardware and software configuration upgrades.
- Preparing detailed work requests for technicians.
- Installing hardware and cabling into datacenters in coordiation with other engineering teams.
- Perform smarthands activities on location for remote engineers.
- Manage work orders that impact the datacenter as the on-site engineering lead.
- Remotely assist other engineers with scheduled maintenance and other tasks
What we're looking for...
Your technical skills are top notch, and you are known for digging into the details to find the best solutions. You know how to get to the bottom of your customers' needs, and how to manage your partners' expectations. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate complex information in a way that people understand - whether verbal or written.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience operating datacenters and overseeing implementation in support of customer buildouts.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with contemporary technologies including MPLS, TCP/IP, IPSec, BGP, QoS, IP Telephony, Multicast, and/or other similar tools.
- Designed and implemented large scale datacenter operations.
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a 'pay for performance' company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits.
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.