Cell Site Engineer
- Monitoring switch and data network elements and responding to network alarms and events.
- Performing initial trouble triage and resolving and/or raising issues.
- Presenting technical information and issue status to customer service centers, technical support organizations and management teams.
- Generating, managing and updating problem-tracking tickets, flash notifications and critical issues.
- Providing timely and accurate network information to management and other groups during network events and major outages.
*This role sits in Laredo*
What we're looking for...
Being the first one to encounter and solve a problem is enjoyable to you. You're great at following an established process or procedure to complete tasks. Experience navigating and working well at all levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing network environment. You are dependable and enjoy the flexibility necessary to support the rotational needs of a technical support environment.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor' degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to be on call for some weekends and perform shift work on a flexible schedule.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies like Telephony Switching, Data Communications and Network Routers.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.