Data Center Facilities - Infrastructure Engineer
- Understanding of building, mechanical and electrical system operation, maintenance and repair on UPS, emergency power generators, cooling, fire, building automation systems and other systems
- Troubleshooting alarms and failures on data center infrastructure equipment, stabilizing the situation, and escalating issues
- Providing technical assistance and education to other facilities maintenance teammates
- Understanding of compliance and safety related to data center operations, physical security, and insurance
- Sharing ownership of campus physical security
- Providing 24/7/365 technical support of the data center by participating in shift and on-call rotating schedules - this is a first shift position (including weekends) with on-call responsibilities and the flexibility to cover other shifts as needed
What we're looking for...
While you consider yourself an independent self-starter, you're also a great teammate who communicates effectively with a variety of people. Organized and detail-oriented, you're a strong project coordinator with the ability to handle timelines and budgets. You're not afraid to be a leader in a fast-paced, highly visible environment.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to independently perform infrastructure and building preventative maintenance tasks
- Experience creating, reviewing, and approving detailed methods of procedure (MOPs) and change control procedures
- Ability to analyze vendor proposals, make recommendations, and manage vendors to meet expectations
- Ability to lift 50lbs and reach under sub-floor
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree, advanced technical training or five or more years of work experience in electrical or mechanical, large facility infrastructure management (UPS, Generator, PDU, Chillers, etc.)
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical large facility infrastructure management (UPS, Generator, PDU, Chillers, etc.)
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with change management, process documentation, and vendor management
- Computer skills using Google Suite, Excel, PM, and BAS web tools
- Knowledge of industry and safety standards including NFPA
- Ability to work in a team environment while independently completing tasks by the required date
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Deep knowledge of data center chilled water HVAC systems, fire, BAS systems
- Perform and interpret IR scans
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical test equipment and their safe use
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, such as electrical schematics, piping diagrams, and structural plans
- Familiarity with the budgetary processes
- Experience with the use and configuration Schneider StruxureWare Building Operations application
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $62,000.00 and $115,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.