- Starting, operating, repairing and maintaining various types of heating and air conditioning plants and associated equipment (i.e. air handling equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc.).
- Maintaining and repairing motor controller and associated electrical equipment and control circuits.
- Installing, repairing and calibrating various makes of pneumatic and/or electric controls required for the operation of temperature and humidity control equipment.
- Performing inspections and making repairs on equipment/systems as required by company practices and/or regulations/ordinances.
- Reviewing and interpreting word orders, operating instructions, diagrams, building plans and mechanical equipment drawings.
- Climbing ladders, working aloft, and moving/lifting items generally not exceeding 100 lbs.
- Working evenings, weekends, holidays and unscheduled shifts as determined by the needs of the business.
- Work tour hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday (hours may vary). Overtime is as needed by the business.
What we're looking for...
You know HVAC and other building systems like the back of your hand, and are anxious to put your knowledge and skills to work for the V Team. You like to be busy and well-organized to stay on top of things. You take pride in a job well done because you know better matters!
You'll need to have:
- Valid refrigeration license and ability to pass, obtain and maintain a current certificate of fitness for one or all of the following: fire standpipe, sprinkler, welding, oil burner and air compressor operation.
- Universal Technician Certification as designated by EPA regulations-40 CFR Part 82 Subpart H.
- Valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Relevant vocational or technical training or 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Building Maintenance Qualification Test, Verizon Job Fit Test B
Where you'll be working
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $554.00 and $1,992.50 weekly based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.