Principal RF Design Engineer
Dynetics group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking an RF Design Engineer to join a talented team of engineers and scientists within the National Intelligence Department. The department’s goals include comprehension, exploiting, and evaluating foreign threats. The department performs radio frequency (RF) design, custom hardware builds, algorithm development, and analysis across a variety of both research and development and operational tasks.
The candidate will help evaluate, select, integrate, and test commercial off the shelf (COTS) RF devices for forming complex RF transceiver systems. The ideal candidate will have an interest in supporting the full product life cycle from concept through prototype to production.
- Candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited institute in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent applicable degree
- Candidate will have 8+ years of relevant work history or an MS degree in a relevant field and 6+ years of relevant workhistory.
- Candidate will have 5+ Years of prior work with RF electronics.
- Candidate must have a strong background in electronic design.
- Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of RF transceiver system design and cascade analysis
- Candidate should have design experience working in bands from UHF to Ka
- Candidate must have experience working with lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Candidate must understand fundamentals of antenna theory (types, designs, beam patterns, etc.)
- Candidate must be a US citizen with eligibility for TS clearance
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following qualifications:
- Fundamental understanding of DSP concepts (matched filtering, coherent integration, etc.)
- Programming in at least one high-level language (MATLAB, C++, Python)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience working/integrating RF transceivers with FPGA-based systems.
- Experience working with high-speed ADCs and DACs
- Candidates with TS clearance with SSBI are preferred but not required
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $183,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/30/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.