Lead Firmware Engineer
Eaton’s ES AMER ARS division is currently seeking a Lead Firmware Engineer. We understand the importance of work life balance and this role offers a flexible work option to support you: This role can work from a remote home office within the U.S.; however, 50% travel to Moon Township, PA (Pittsburg area) will be required.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 - $129799.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on February 23, 2024
What you’ll do:
Our Lead Firmware Engineer will design and develop firmware supporting electronic residential circuit breakers. This includes metering and communications code.
- Firmware design and implementation for safety critical electronic products that meets or exceeds marketing and customer requirements
- Ability to write well structured, readable code
- Create fully documented code that is easily understood by others
- Direct product requirements in terms of functional and nonfunctional engineering requirements in response to the marketing/customer requirements specification
- Plans work in detail at individual level, creating a robust and track-able plan
- Reviews own work as well as other’s work in formal design and quality reviews
- Tests work, meeting quality and reliability goals
- Train new design engineers in best design practices and Eaton processes
- Improve engineering design and product support processes
- Performs and contributes to technical research and investigations
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in designing embedded firmware experience
- 50% travel required to Moon Township, PA (Pittsburgh region)
- Master's degree
- Experience and/or knowledge of safety critical electronic devices and systems
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design
- Knowledge and understanding of current and voltage sensing methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience with project tracking tools such as Jira
- Expertise with Design for Six Sigma processes
- Experience with embedded firmware 32 bit microcontrollers (e.g. ARM Cortex, ESP32)
- Bluetooth 4 and 5 experience
- Experience in code sharing tools and teams such as GitHub and Bit Bucket
- Wi-Fi Ethernet communications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team player
- Strong written and oral communications skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.