Transmission Line Quality Control Engineer
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments; we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Line Quality Control Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission. At Leidos, we believe that maintaining the highest level of quality is paramount to long lasting success in this industry. We are seeking a candidate to perform quality reviews and drive this quality culture throughout the team.
The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country. He/She will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. In addition to the leading and executing of projects, he/she will have a special focus on performing quality control reviews and quality analysis of various deliverables across various client programs. This will involve working with various teams at Leidos and interfacing with clients. The QC-specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute QC reviews in accordance with our existing robust Quality Management Standard
- Work with Program Engineers and Engineering Leads to proactively and continuously assess and improve our quality control processes and methodologies to enhance project efficiency, quality, and safety
- Develop enhancements to the standard to aid transmission line reviews
- Conduct regular internal quality audits to monitor and evaluate project performance, identifying areas for improvement and communicating these to stakeholders
- Assist Project Managers with the documentation of reviews and maintaining accurate records of quality control activities
- Liaise with project teams to provide guidance and training on quality control best practices
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems
- Advanced understanding of transmission line industry standards and guidelines such as IEEE (including NESC), ASCE, ACI, AISC, and others
- 2+ years of experience conducting and/or leading the QC process on projects - reviews, quality checks, etc.
- PE certification desired
- Experience using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER
- Experience using LPILE or MFAD
- Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional work in a client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
Ideally, this position would be filled by a candidate within driving distance of our Framingham, MA office to work a hybrid schedule. However, all qualified candidates located in the U.S. will be considered.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Original Posting Date:2024-02-05
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.