Transmission Line Engineer
We are seeking a Transmission Line Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment, solving challenging problems involved with electric transmission.
The successful candidate will serve as an Engineer on electric transmission line design projects for extra high-voltage (EHV) overhead and underground systems for some of the largest utilities in the country. This employee will apply NESC, ASCE, ACI and other applicable standards in the engineering and design of electrical overhead and underground systems, voltage conversion projects, new capacity projects, and infrastructure replacement projects. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering analyses, prepare bidding documents, draft plans and specifications, and prepare material procurement and construction documents.
This will involve working with a multi-person Leidos team and interfacing with clients, project planning, environmental, permitting, and construction management personnel.
Work Location: Charlotte, NC (with potential to work a hybrid schedule). However, all highly qualified candidates residing in the U.S. will be considered to work 100% remotely under a potentially different job opening.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience using PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE
• 2+ years of relevant experience in the design of electric utility transmission systems with a Bachelor's, or 1+ years experience with a Master's degree
• Work effectively in team environment; can also work independently
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Work in client office is a possibility and/or periodic travel may be required
• Experience with TOWER is a plus
• EIT or PE certification is desirable
• Experience with LPILE or FAD, Mathcad, AutoCAD or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Original Posting Date:2024-02-09
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Pay Range:Pay Range $55,250.00 - $99,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.