Solution Engineer (99824)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Senior Solution Engineer - HRIS
The Senior Solution Engineer – Support HRIS is a key resource within the Enterprise Systems Operations – Applications Operations & Support team. This individual is part of a team responsible for all second tier and third tier support after the IOC/Helpdesk escalates incidents to the ESO group.
The Sr Solution Engineer – Support handles incidents, keeps associated ticketing systems updated with latest classification and status, assures user satisfaction, and ensures metrics goals are satisfied. This individual manages personal activities to assure all work is properly documented in the problem tracking system. The individual updates status and closure with the user that reported the incident and assures that all workarounds, resolutions, problem reporting are updated and complete.
The Sr Solution Engineer - Support follows the problem management process including performing Root Cause Analysis and identifying workarounds. The individual identifies situations requiring application or system changes and notifies senior team members and/or works with the Manager, ESO App Ops & Support to ensure, where needed, bug fixes are identified, prioritized, and planned. This individual is part of a team responsible for the monitoring overall health and performance of the applications including metrics collection, reporting, and analysis.
The Sr Solution Engineer - Support may participate in projects with the functional and technical design preparation and design reviews to provide expertise and to provide a Support perspective to help assure that a quality, reliable, and supportable system is being developed. Likewise, the individual may review user procedures and training with an eye towards support issues relating to incomplete training or documentation. Additionally, the Solution Engineer - Support may review test plans and may provide guidance in integration testing, where possible. The objective is to provide personal expertise and to facilitate the learning process in preparation for assuming support. Next, the Solution Engineer - Support may monitors for thoroughness of testing to minimize Support issues after implementation. Lastly, this individual supports the project team in managing incidents and defects during the Warranty period utilizing project personnel to perform the support and receives knowledge transfer about the new system from the project technical team in preparation for assuming full responsibility.Key Accountabilities
Solution Roadmap Development
- Assist in the effort to develop plans that match short-term and long-term business goals with specific solutions to help meet those goals. The plan applies to enhance systems, new system, or process or to an emerging business process or technology solution.
- Working with the line of business leaders and industry experts, ensure the plans help 1) reach a consensus about a set of needs and the solutions required to satisfy those needs, 2) provide a mechanism to help forecast solutioning, and 3) provide a framework to help plan and coordinate solution development
- Participate in team development while being accountable for commitments, removing roadblocks for team members work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that peer team members are fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- Perform as a team of creative solution developers who partner with business users to solve business problems and meet business goals
- Work to become a specialist in a particular field of knowledge [this may be a business/functional area, process domain and/or systems] and provide detailed information and advice as necessary in that specialization in order to achieve business outcomes
- Help to develop and/or promote solutions which support the business requirements within their area of expertise. Be accountable for specific deliverables in relation to software or web development and/or support
Enterprise Systems Operations & Support
- Support the peer Technology & Innovation teams in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Engage closely with business partners to understand what business objectives they want to accomplish through solutions enablement and then work with the peer T&I teams & partners to ensure the solutions reach successful implementation of busines results
- Working knowledge of digital technologies, enterprise systems, and applicability for the water and wastewater industries.
- Experience with specific enterprise systems, process domains, and/or a small set of interdisciplinary specialties [e.g., HTR, P2P, R2P, EAM, MTC, general ERP and/or SAP, PowerPlan, Hyperion, SuccessFactors] and/or knowledge of a particular specialty area.
- Demonstrated ability to apply these solutions to solve problems in a business environment with multi-function teams with some guidance.
- Good decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to lead through influence and to deliver results through others while overcoming obstacles to success
- Possesses a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various lines of business as well as within Technology & Innovation
- Good verbal and written communication skills for a wide variety of audiences including proven ability to deliver internal presentations
- Have a creative approach to problem solving with the ability to focus on details while simultaneously maintaining the "big picture" view
Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or Business from an accredited institution or equivalentMaster’s degree preferred
As necessary, up to 10%Competencies Champions safetyCustomer obsessedCultivates innovationNimble learningDrives ResultsCollaborates
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.