Cassandra Database Engineer ( R-00052439 )
Leidos is looking for a Cassandra Database Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Cassandra Database Engineer is needed to provide support to maintain and extend (add new capabilities) a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide database engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. She/he will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide database engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. She/he will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected candidate will provide solutions to challenging technical problems in distributed data replication, concurrent data access and high availability. She/he will lead investigation and resolution of Cassandra-related issues.
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for database engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. She/he will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for implementing database engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. She/he will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The Cassandra Database Engineer will actively participate in Program Increment Planning and related Agile team activities. She/he will become a member of our overall Database or Systems Engineering team, or will be embedded in an agile development team.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as a Database Engineer to include design and implementation of Cassandra-based solutions and/or Cassandra data replication.
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning, issue investigation, issue resolution and general administration.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an Agile team
- Experience with Mongo
- Experience with Oracle
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
careers.leidos.com/CONMDExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Database ManagementPay Range: