Infrastructure Engineer ( R-00052505 )
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
An Infrastructure Engineer to join an onsite team providing Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support to the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD). The candidate’s main role will be to provide server and systems administration support alongside the existing team.
Tasking will include onsite daily systems administration maintenance activities supporting users of the System. There is also potential for development work enhancing the system. The role will involve working alongside the customer and within a team. The successful applicant will be required to coordinate with other team members and be able to prioritise and schedule their work.
Assisting with coordination and execution of Tier 3 / 4 support initiatives.
Out of hours support will be required as requested.
- Soft skills: The ability to work well with others and be of a helpful disposition.
- Communication skills: The ability to communicate clearly with others, particularly technical concepts to non-technical users.
Technical experience, working knowledge of the following disciplines is required:
- Microsoft Windows client/server system architectures and administration;
- Microsoft Exchange Server; Microsoft SharePoint;
- Virtualisation (VMware);
- Storage solutions including Storage Area Network Arrays (SANs) and Backup and recovery Systems;
The candidate will have some experience of delivering technical support to users.
Desirable skills required
- Public sector experience, ideally having worked with the Ministry of Defence and /or the Armed Forces
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or equivalent certification strongly recommended.
- Some knowledge of LAN/WAN network architectures and Cisco IOS based routers/switches.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)