Test Engineer ( R-00052793 )
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV and Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to Product Owner.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interact with senior management and other engineers
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies,
- Requires 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
- Amazon Web Services
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes through an agile development lifecycle. Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft development environments, and test execution in pharmacy and/or industrial automation environments