Test Engineer ( R-00050494 )
We are looking for an integration test engineer to join our team to help us deliver a large scale systems integration programme. As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will design, create and execute system integration tests.
This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate integration test experience, ideally within a large-scale virtualised cloud based infrastructure.
- Deliver testing in a key part of the programme ensuring milestones are met on time and to sufficient quality Review requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Create and review test plans and test designs, working with third party suppliers to ensure requirements coverage.
- Create, review and optimise Testing Processes.
- Design, create and execute Test Cases and supporting data.
- Document test results and defects
- Produce Test Reports and report on interim progress.
- 5 years’ test experience (or 4 years’ experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 1 of which in a lead role.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing or 5 years test experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes;
- Digital voice such as Voice Over IP and voice recording.
- Performance testing and measurement of integrated systems.
- Working with 3rd party suppliers;
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same
- Experience with virtualised products/services/solutions
- Familiar with high-integrity or safety-related real-time systems;
- Knowledge of test automation concepts such as keyword driven framework;
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture;
- DOORS, JIRA and HPQC (ALM) experience or equivalent tools;
- ATM knowledge would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite