Splunk Engineer ( R-00053881 )
Leidos is looking for a Business Operations Manager to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Military Health Services (MHS) Enterprise Information Technology Services Integrator (EITSI) program.
The DHA MHS EITSI program is a critical program to modernize, standardize and optimize the Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure by establishing an Enterprise IT Services (EITS) environment using a Multi-sourcing Services Integrator (MSI) approach.
The services integrator will manage the EITS environment and assist the government in providing oversight of the Service Providers (SPs) for the benefit of the DHA, MHS, and mission partners. The EITSI will provide independent end-to-end accountability through coordination and validation of IT services delivered by separately contracted SPs. The EITSI will also deliver Service Desk and Global Operations (Network Operations Center, Performance Management) services to DHA.
The IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
Administering a distributed Splunk platform and Splunk Apps on Linux. Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of data sources and developing associated knowledge objects such as dashboards, reports, and alerts for performance monitoring purposes. Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk to meet their requirements. Engaging application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations. Communicating with customer stake holders including leadership, support teams, and system administrators to understand requirements. Turn those requirements into data ingest and visualization products.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 6+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena or Masters Degree with 4+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Splunk Administration role working in a Splunk clustered environment
- 3+ Years experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- 2+ Years experience in using REST API’s
- Working Knowledge of Change & Configuration Management.
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
Knowledge of Defense Health Agency networks and programs
- Splunk certifications
- Security+ or CISSP certification