Engineer ( R-00055168 )
Leidos Defense Group Modeling Simulation & Training Division has several openings for Engineers (all levels) for a new program in Huntsville, Al. This position will support a new program award in support of the US Army providing full life cycle M&S and Live / Virtual / Constructive Training engineering development and sustainment.
- Research, design, develop, or test of electronic components and systems for development and sustainment of hardware-in-the-loop facilities, interfacing with tactical and non-tactical systems, and test equipment
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Assist in resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Derive from the system electrical requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
- Be an active participant in the Technical Directive Proposal process.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 25+ years of relevant experience, Master’s degree, or a PhD. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Active Secret level clearance
- Experience developing basic data and making preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposals
- Use of requirement management tools
- Knowledge of JIRA, Sharepoint or other management and communication tools
- Proven team leader with the ability to direct technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Experience designing and developing electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment based on user requirements
- Applicable engineering certifications