Technology Engineer - Integrations (338248)
Summary and Scope
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Advanced Engineering department has a need for a integrations engineer to Lead Applications Engineering and support for all the departments platforms including ICC and Chubb.IO and its dependent inetgration applications. As the platforms are being consolidated across IT areas, dedicated focus is needed to ensure the highest levels of service to all application areas that utilize Inetgration, BPM and API solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a group of engineers to support the products/platorms as we roll out these platforms to different cloud across the business lines.
The incumbent will work closely with our strategic partners and will provide support for all of the departments' platforms including Chubb.IO, Renewals Framework, and Speed 2 Market Products. The individual will support the continued lifecycle and maintenance of these platforms and must have the ability to provide thought leadership and autonomously lead, with focus business outcomes, impact to the firm, and client service.
- Responsible for for design and implementation of applications platforms and services to be DevOps and Cloud ready
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Educating the application teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
- Identify and document opportunities and solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency and improve the customer experience
- Provide thought leadership to promote the continuous improvement of service delivery and operational practices such as:
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements to current environment
- Develop actionable plans to improve procedures and systems to mitigate risk, ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations and best practices
- Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics
- Create and maintain system run books; documenting day-to-day support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure
- Conduct peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability
- Analyze performance metrics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services
- Create a solid DevOps team to engineer the application and infrstriucture solutions that are cloud ready and enable the deployments across the organization
- Assist in development and utilization of scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Be available when scheduled along with other team members to provide on-call support after hours and on weekends