Outside Plant Engineer ( 580542-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our network engineering team keeps us ahead of the competition. As a Network Engineering and Operations Consultant you will be managing capacity for our fiber and FiOS network to support various initiatives in the Long Island and New York City Area. You will play a key role in making sure our network can support FiOS, FTTC, Network Transformation and Ethernet based services while in a leading role. You will be expected to manage large volumes of work utilizing and developing tools and resources to meet overall team requirements and objectives.
- Involving in fiber capacity management and issuance of backbone engineering work orders.
- Fiber to the Prem - OLT, EDFA, NG3 Capacity Management.
- Issuance of all CCR requirements.
- Handling multiple switch shutdowns which need to be addressed separately & require more analysis.
- Securing space and power for equipment deployments.
- Addressing FiOS, DLC, and HICAP equipment upgrades.
- Monitoring OLT, EDFA and Splitter requirements while growing NGPON2.
- Increasing tracking calls to review requirements and solutions.
What we’re looking for...
You have knowledge of outside plant engineering practices. You enjoy analyzing problems and having the autonomy to select and implement the right solutions. While you work well independently, you are also a great team player and enjoy leading colleagues and coordinating efforts to ensure best outcomes. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with windows-based programs and corporate database systems.
- Experience with CAD, and MS Excel/MS Access.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make network design decisions based on recommended Engineering Guidelines and design criteria.
- Ability to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner in order to communicate and explain our service order process and the method of delivery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).